Let's connect:

Subscribe to my youtube

Monday 26 September 2016

Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Range REVIEW




Dark and Lovely has launched their Au Naturale Range especially designed for the South African Woman  with natural hair. The products have been tested on real South African Women and have been tailor made to suit the issues that affect our natural hair



The range includes  a shampoo, conditioner, butter and plaiting pudding.  They contain no mineral oil, parabens or petroleum, which are some of the drying ingredients found in most mainstream hair products.


I have been using these for a week now and so far so good, overall I would give the range 7/10.

They can be found at Clicks, Dischem and all leading D and L Retailers 



 1. DARK AND LOVELY AU NATURALE MOISTURE REPLENISHING SHAMPOO R34.95 (250ml)



The shampoo is rich oils and natural ingredients like mango oil, honey, bamboo milk and guarana root that work to hydrate hair and prevent tangling.

 It smells so fruity and lathers really well.
I found the shampoo to be very softening (while using) and I could actually de-tangle with it. I have mixed feeling about the sulfate ingredient that this shampoo has because it also contributes to making our hair dry but at the same time it's necessary to cleanse and clarify...

Tip: To counter act the drying effect I would recommend the use of oil (also known as pre-poo) before shampooing or mixing the shampoo with the conditioner when washing.

Over all the Shampoo gets a 7/10 

2. DARK AND LOVELY AU NATURALE KNOT OUT CONDITIONER R34.95 (250ml)



 The Conditioner de-tangles you hair, protecting it from dryness.
Hair is immediately softened, making it easy to comb through and style.

It also contains the same oils and natural ingredients as the shampoo. At first I wasn't too impressed with it as my hair did not respond well to it at the begining. The kinks were still there and I couldn't feel the "slip" I was expecting. I had to let it sit for about 10-15 minutes  and only then did my hair started softening. The end result was not outstanding but satisfactory none the less. 

I do wish it came in a bigger bottle though because our hair needs a generous amount of conditioner to get the maximum effect.

I have only used it twice and it's almost finished. The price is reasonable though.

Over all this product gets a 5/10

3. DARK AND LOVELY AU NATURALE AFRO MOISTURIZING BUTTER  R69.95 (250ml)



The Butter is an easy absorbing conditioning butter for ready-to-go nourished styling.

This is the star of the show for me. I don't know what they put in there but my hair is loving it!! 

It is very thick, immediately softens your hair and makes combing a breeze. You don't even need to wet your hair for this to be effective.

It absorbs very quickly and is perfect for daily use. My hair remains soft till the next day. It's also perfect as the L (mixed with water) or C to your L.O.C method.

Overall this is a great product it gets 9/10 from me and I totally recommend it to everyone!!

4.   DARK AND LOVELY AU NATURALE PLAITING PUDDING CREAM R69.95 (250ml)



The Pudding Cream contains no drying alcohol and de-tangles natural, coarse hair

We all know the struggle of having to plait the fro at night to stretch out , define curls or maintain volume the next day.

This pudding if perfect for the job because it's light and will not weigh your hair down.

 It also has a slight hold to it with your hair still remaining soft (unlike styling gels), great for taming your edges or slicking that "baby hair" girl!!  

This would be great for a wash and go routine as well.



***Conclusion***

I am happy Beauty Bulletin sent me these to try out and have found some great products I can permanently add to my regimen. 

I also hope D and L will expand this range further sooner than later because our hair is not all the same due to many contributing factors like diet & genetics, so we cant have one range expected to work on everyone since haicare is not one size fits all.

Every natural out there should definitely try these out guaranteed you wont regret it. 

Thanks for stopping by and if you found this review helpful let me know in the comments below. Have a beautiful week ahead.

Nan xxx




10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I should get myself these

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I should get myself these

    ReplyDelete
  4. The butter is my favourite too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nandi
    Also growing my natural hair. I'll try this Pudding cream coz i want a product that will define my curls....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. get the fro butter as well it keeps the fro soft, I hope they will follow up with a suitable gel to help hold the curls in place for longer.

      Delete

);